Charlotte, NC / July 24, 2012 – The EpiCentre continues to draw strong interest from national media outlets for broadcasting and entertaining during the Democratic National Convention on September 3-6.
EpiCentre is a diversified shopping, dining and entertainment property located at the center of Charlotte’s uptown business district and across the street from the Time Warner Arena, where the convention will be held. “Our convenient location and diverse and flexible spaces are the biggest draws for DNC-related events,” said Ed Camp, Director of Business Development and Public Relations. “It’s already a beehive of activity here, and that won’t let up until the delegates have all packed up and left.”
Earlier this year, MSNBC announced plans to broadcast throughout the convention from The Commons area on street level of EpiCentre. Additional agreements that have been signed or are in negotiation since then include:
- CNN will transform Vida Mexican Kitchen y Cantina into the CNN Grill, where network personalities, staff and guests will be served.
- Bloomberg News will convert Revolution, a high-end clothing store, into its broadcast studio. The news outlet is also negotiating to use other space on site as a hospitality suite and canteen for its personalities and guests.
- NBC is negotiating to use Enso Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar as a hospitality suite and newsroom. Portions of the space will be private while others will be open to the public as a “Universal Experience” promotional suite.
- “Morning Joe,” the popular MSNBC news-talk show, will broadcast live from BlackFinn American Saloon.
- C-Span is negotiating to position a 45-foot-long traveling museum exhibit about the U.S. presidency in front of EpiCentre, along College Street near the intersection with Trade Street.
The Myrtle Beach Chamber and the Black Congressional Caucus will use the lower level of BlackFinn for private parties throughout the week. Reporters will be invited to schedule interviews and post stories from the space, and large sand sculptures of President Obama will be constructed outside of the restaurant.
Additionally, Camp said many private events have been booked at various sites on the property throughout the convention.
ABOUT EPICENTRE: EpiCentre is the Southeast’s hub for dining, entertainment, recreation, nightlife and hospitality. Featuring an innovative design and accommodating layout, EpiCentre is home to over three dozen unique concepts encompassing over half a million square feet. The restaurants, shops and nightspots at EpiCentre are perfectly situated around an open air pavilion offering dramatic views of the Charlotte skyline. Located at the intersection of Trade and College Streets, EpiCentre is in the heart of vibrant uptown Charlotte, just blocks away from prominent businesses and venues such as Bank of America Corporate Center, Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte Convention Center and the NASCAR Hall of Fame and Museum. Best of all, EpiCentre is easily accessible from anywhere, including a convenient stop on the LYNX Blue Line. For more information: http://epicentrenc.com